Friday, 9 October 2009
Summary of Research...
After the research it shows how important synergy is. All the CD covers, posters and videos I have looked at are clearly linked by graphic logos, fonts and styles/genres. These all help to promote the artist and market their products/tours. The logos are seen in almost all the CD's and posters as a visual clue to the artist's products. The colours and fonts are also seen in the CD's, posters and videos (except Coldplay who's video was more narrative). The videos especially the 'Break' video included the same colours as the CD cover and the promotional poster linking all the aspects of the album as a visual promotion. Little Boots also did this but more with a style than colours, as she seemed to have a 'stars and space' theme which was linked to her CD cover, poster and video. The Klonhertz video was the most difficult to find anything for as the song was a cover, the single wasn't popular and I couldn't find any information for a tour. I only kept the video on as I think it's an interesting video idea and edits on the beat almost all the way throught. I also thought it was a good example of animation and abstract video conventions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.